Documents and Orders
Documents and Orders
1. All cadets should make sure that they can sign on to our Squadron MS Teams (2vandenbos.onmicrosoft.com) PRIOR to this Wednesday at noon. If you have issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We trust that you have all remembered your passwords. As a reminder, the helpdesk will not be able to respond to messages sent after 1700 hours (5pm) on Wednesday as we are planning for Parade night.
2. Dress for this Wednesday is Squadron t-shirt.
3. Administration - Cadets are reminded that when they have received their updated Ontario Health Cards, they are to provide Capt Hutchuk (email@example.com) with the new version code.
4. Attention all Cadet Instructors: Lesson plans and links are due to be uploaded to your respective Level file folder within the Instructors Teams channel by tonight (Sunday) NLT 23:59 hours. Ensure you’re checking the calendar and your email regularly so that you don’t miss seeing any of your Cadet-related commitments, including your Level-specific Instructional Team Meetings. Should you not be able to make your Level’s Instructional Team meeting, you must alert your Level Officer *before* the event start time via email.
5. We have some fantastic Checkpoint sessions available for sign-up via the website activity calendar! During October 30th's Spooky Social Night, wearing Cadet-appropriate costumes and/or bringing along a pumpkin to carve into a jack-o’-lantern are optional. We’ll be playing a few games and will be determining the winner of ‘2 Squadron’s Best Jack-O’-Lantern’. If you’ve signed up for Checkpoint on the 30th and you attend, you’ll earn voting privileges and have your say of which 2 Squadron pumpkin carver should win ’Best Jack-O’-Lantern. November Checkpoints planned to-date include an aviation trivia night hosted by FCpl Nichols on 6 November 2021 and learning American Sign Language with FCpl Russell on 13 November 2021. Cadets of all levels and ranks are welcome. Come get to know your Squadronmates while socialising and maybe even learning something new. Laughter and friendship, plus a healthy side of friendly competition and banter are always on the Checkpoint menu. Come and have your voice heard without fear of judgment. Checkpoint is a more casual, inclusive environment welcoming all VandenBos Cadets. Come to just one session, or sign up to attend them all!
6. Are you a pumpkin carving wizard worthy of being featured on the Food Network’s Halloween Wars or Outrageous Pumpkins? Have someone take a photo/take a selfie of you and your jack-o’-lantern (perhaps this coming Wednesday, 27 Oct 21 while you’re in uniform/your Squadron red T-shirt) and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Saturday’s Checkpoint Session begins (NLT 1800 on Saturday, 30 Oct 21) to be included in the judging for ‘2 Squadron’s Best Jack-O’-Lantern’. Entries completed/carved ‘live’ during the first half of Saturday’s Checkpoint may also be entered (CI Schmidt will capture a screen snip of you with your finished masterpiece to be considered in the judging session/voting period). The winner will be announced during Parade on 3 Nov 21 and have their jack-o-lantern’s photo featured on our Squadron website’s front page, for all of our Cadets, Parents, Staff, and website visitors to see! If you’d like to be able to best support your jack-o’-lantern’s chance of winning, sign up to attend Saturday’s Checkpoint on the 30th (sign up closes on 29 Oct 21) *and* show up to have a say in who wins!
7. Attention VandenBos Cadet shutterbugs! The 2 Squadron Autumn Photo Challenge has been posted to The Ready Room Challenges page. Come join in the fun and share with us what autumn/fall means to you! Completed entries are to be submitted via email to email@example.com.
8. Watch our website calendar for your opportunity to join us for some in-person activities. Looking forward to seeing you!
MESSAGE FROM THE WARRANT OFFICERS
9. Flight Commanders, contact your cadets and find out who needs nametags and who is LOA (Leave of Absence). Please send a list of these cadets to WO2 Wu and WO2 Barran NLT Tuesday at 23:59 hours.
10. Cadets, if you need a nametag or cannot attend virtual training, please inform your Flight Commander.
Contact 2 SquadronHeadquarters: Enterprise Airline (EAI)
Un-Official Cadet WebsiteThis website is an un-official cadet website designed to provide information on the activities of 2 Squadron. The opinions, views, and information presented here are not reflective of the Department of National Defence, Canadian Armed Forces, or the Air Cadet League of Canada.