Documents and Orders
Documents and Orders
1. Timings for most of the Virtual Summer Training Courses: 0900-1200 hours (unless otherwise advised). Cadets will be receiving login information, course overview and timings for the specific courses through their email that they've provided to us.
2. Dates for the In-Person Summer Cadet Activity Program (CAP) have changed! New dates are as follows: 16-20 August 2021 and 23-27 August 2021. Additional information will be provided by e-mail to the Cadets selected to attend these day training activities in-person. Please keep an eye on your personal e-mail address (the one you provided to us for Cadet-related matters) for correspondence.
3. Checkpoint is taking the month of July off. Please do join us for our sessions 4 August 2021 with 2-nes Trivia, which will test your knowledge of the music scene, including genres, groups/bands, musicians, lyrics, and albums. All August Checkpoint sessions are ready for sign-up on the My Squadron page within the Activities Calendar. Don't wait to register your interest in participation. Go and sign-up NOW!
4. Interested in applying to become a 2021/2022 Public Affairs Team Member? Check out our 8 August 2021 calendar entry (My Squadron page of this website) for information concerning our pre-interview materials submission deadline.
5. Sports Fitness is taking the month of July off. Please do join us for our sessions restarting on Thursday, 5 August 2021 from 1900 - 2000 hrs (7-8 PM) for some time dedicated to working on our personal fitness getting to know our fellow Cadets better. All August Checkpoint sessions are ready for sign-up on the My Squadron page within the Activities Calendar. Don't wait to register your interest in participation. Go and sign-up NOW!
6. Re: 2021/2022 Sports Staff Team Member candidates - Thanks to all Cadets who submitted their pre-interview materials to CI Haripal and CI Schmidt to earn an interview to be considered for an appointment as a 2 Squadron 2021/2022 Sports Staff Team Member. Successful candidates have been scheduled interview times on Thursday 29 July 2021. See the website Activities calendar entry for specific timings.
7. Join the Band - Now that you have heard and seen the band perform at Virtual ACR - think about being a part of the band next year. We need new players for every instrument, especially percussion. No experience is necessary. If you want more information or want a head start over the summer email CI Barron. Watch for sign-ups on the website in September.
8. Keep in touch throughout the Summer via IG (https://www.instagram.com/2_vandenbos/) and/or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/2WhitbyAirCadets). And don't forget to check the website for regular updates, too. Please record and enter your measurements into the 'Update Measurements' section of the 'SUPPLY REQUEST' submenu option on the Squadron website in mid-late August so that we'll be able to be better suited to fit you into Dress Blues, FTUs, and Squadron Red T-Shirts ASAP in the Training Year.
9. As advertised during our ACR earlier this week, here are the unlisted YouTube links for all of our Graduating Cadets' 2021 Legacy videos (they're also available in our Ready Room Media Gallery):
WO2 Parkins: WO2 Parkins' Legacy Video
FSgt Chaudhary: FSgt Chaudhary's Legacy Video
FSgt Simoes: FSgt Simoes' Legacy Video
FSgt Kowalczyk: FSgt Kowalczyk's Legacy Video
WO2 Wirta: WO2 Wirta's Legacy Video
WO2 Chahal: WO2 Chahal's Legacy Video
Contact 2 SquadronHeadquarters: Enterprise Airline (EAI)
Un-Official Cadet WebsiteThis website is an un-official cadet website designed to provide information on the activities of 2 Squadron. The opinions, views, and information presented here are not reflective of the Department of National Defence, Canadian Armed Forces, or the Air Cadet League of Canada.