Documents and Orders
Documents and Orders
3. Last chance to sign up on our web calendar for the 15/16 May 2021 Virtual Field Training Exercise (FTX). Note: Cadets who have signed up will be select to attend either the 15 or 16 May 2021 virtual FTX. Sign up on the date you are available. Schedule will be posted on our web calendar and emailed to participating cadets.
4. Senior WOs' video messages for ACR (as assigned by Capt Howie) are past due. Please send to CI Schmidt via email or tag @CI Schmidt once uploaded to the Instructors channel of MS Teams NOW as Sunday 9 May 21 is video editing day!
5. Band Open House Tuesday 18 May 2021 - Thinking about joining the Band for the training year 2021/2022? Sign up to "Join the Band for a Night" on Tuesday May 18. Join us for an evening of games, information and answers to your band questions.
6. Love basketball and/or socialising? Join us for Sports Night this Thursday from 1730-1830 hrs (5:30-6:30 PM). Sign up via the Squadron website's activity calendar by Wednesday night.
7. Graduating Cadets' 'Farewell Messages' (videos, audio, or just text) are (past) due to CI Schmidt (via email or uploaded to the Instructors channel of MS Teams - tag @CI Schmidt) ASAP. We're working on the video *now* and require your footage!
8. Message for the Level 2 and 3 cadets who joined our Squadron this training year - Reminder to submit your Fast Track training booklets to your Level Oficer ASAP. This is important in order to ensure you successfully receive accolades for completing your training level.
9. Interested in learning more about personal finances? How to save, spend, and invest wisely for your future, etc. Join us at Checkpoint on Saturday 15 May 2021 from 1900 hrs; sign up NLT Friday night via the Squadron website's activity calendar.
10. Our next Fitness Assessment will be held during Training Night on 19 May 2021. Come dressed in sports wear (your red Squadron T-shirt if you've got one that fits) and come prepared to perform the four exercises that will evaluate your personal strength and flexibility: push-ups, curl-ups, shoulder stretches, and the back-saver sit and reach. We will NOT be teaching these exercises on the night, so watch the demonstration videos (on the Sports Team page: Dept/Teams page -> Sports, then scroll down; NOTE: ruler should be set at the 23 centimetre, not 23 inches mark for the back-saver sit and reach) to learn how to best perform the four exercises and bring along the required equipment for the curl-ups and the back-saver sit and reach. NOTE: For this night, you will REQUIRE a device with MS Teams with a more portable camera - like a phone, a laptop, or a tablet, etc., NOT a desktop with a stationary camera on top). If you need to do so, ask and arrange to borrow your sibling's/parent's/guardian's, leaving enough time beforehand to install the mobile MS TEams app and ensure you can log in properly. The Sports Team member will need to see your entire body while performing the exercises in order to evaluate you properly. ALL CADETS MUST PARTICIPATE -- those Cadets who cannot participate due to medical reasons must contact the DCO by email no later than 1 May 2021.
11. Let's reach out to our communities and let them know how much VandenBos Cadets care! Please contribute to our ongoing Community Outreach initiatives and earn some Community Service Hours towards next training/academic year's Community Service Hours total. Should you not require CSH hours, choose to participate because you're a kind person and fabulous citizen! Head to the Opportunities page of The Ready Room to read your options and guidelines for each type of contribution. All submissions are due via email to email@example.com NLT 2359 hours 30 May 2021.
12. Who's getting excited about obtaining a copy of our electronic yearbook?! Teasers will be shared soon via social media, and you'll get a better look at many of its photos during ACR. #watchthisspace
13. Cadets are to ensure that the email used for our website is their personal email account - not their parent's/school account. Not using your own email account will have an impact on summer training, cadet opportunities and use of the new Cadet 365 platform. If you are currently using a parent email to gain access to our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated email address.
14. Summer In-Person Cadet Activity Program is planned for four 5-day training sessions. These day courses will run: 3-6 Aug 21, 9-13 Aug 21, 16-20 Aug 21 and 23-27 Aug 21. Cadets may apply to attend for the dates that they are available. Training will be conducted in Oshawa. More information will be provided during Closing Parade 12 May 21. NOTE: Effective 12 May 2021 - Dates have recently been changed so cadets may apply for both Virtual Summer Training and In-Person Summer Training.
Contact 2 SquadronHeadquarters: Enterprise Airline (EAI)
Un-Official Cadet WebsiteThis website is an un-official cadet website designed to provide information on the activities of 2 Squadron. The opinions, views, and information presented here are not reflective of the Department of National Defence, Canadian Armed Forces, or the Air Cadet League of Canada.